Monday, February 12, 2007

Rockin' with The Antix

I had some time to kill at Disneyland tonight, so I wandered over to Innoventions to see the Asimo robot do his tricks. Unfortunately, I missed his last performance (hourly from noon to 6), but I got a great consolation prize -- for just then, The Antics hit the stage at the Tomorrowland Terrace, singing one great rock 'n roll cover after another: Billy Idol, The Cars, Wild Cherry, Stevie Wonder. The first set was so good, I waited for them return after their break and then enjoyed the second set as well.

I don't see on The Antix web site where they tell you where you might catch an upcoming performance, but you can always hire them for a private gig (seriously, for weddings and corporate events, etc.). Check out their video clips online. And you can always look for them at Disneyland. Apparently they're regulars there.

Update: Scheduled dates can be found at http://www.myspace.com/brookewilkes and http://www.myspace.com/antixband

No comments: